* custom tweet monitoring using Twitter Search API
* 40in20out model portfolio realtime Trade Signal notifications
* 40in20out model portfolio Position Summary on-demand
* 2 Minute Warning in advance of major economic releases
* custom (non-twitter) push alerts and notifications as necessary
* more subscription-based benefits to come as we think of them!
Inside this box is a small linux computer called a RaspberryPi. It is connected to the internet via ethernet cable using DHCP, and every 10 seconds or so checks the internet for content printing out details whenever necessary. The printer uses thermal paper, so there is no need to reload ink cartridges which is nice, but also unfortunately means it will not print in colour.
Evolution of the "TwitterTape"
Mark 1 - Adafruit Project kit prototype
Mark 2 - Portable version with RaspPi living on the outside
Mark 3 - Custom build; each box unique running custom-built software for the 40in20out project
Mark 4 - 100 year old reclaimed barn timber? Check. Here's the next deluxe edition with the printer built-in and portable RaspPi.