THE REAL-TIME TREND TRADING EXPERIMENT
Looking for the 40in20out Android App? Click here
Mark 3 Thermal Printer
I WANT ONE
* custom tweet monitoring using Twitter Search API
* 40in20out model portfolio realtime Trade Signal notifications
* 40in20out model portfolio Position Summary on-demand
* 2 Minute Warning in advance of major economic releases
* custom (non-twitter) push alerts and notifications as necessary
* more subscription-based benefits to come as we think of them!
Inside this box is a small linux computer called a RaspberryPi. It is connected to the internet via ethernet cable using DHCP (the new Pi 3B+ supports wifi), and every minute checks for new content and printing out the details as necessary. The printer uses thermal paper, so there is no need to reload ink cartridges; which is nice, but also means it will not print in color.
Evolution of the "TwitterTape"
Mark 1 - Adafruit Project kit prototype
Mark 2 - Portable version with RaspPi living on the outside
Mark 3 - Custom build; each box unique running custom-built software for the 40in20out project
Mark 4 - 100 year old reclaimed barn timber? Check. Here's the next deluxe edition with the printer built-in and portable RaspPi.
I WANT ONE